Sunday, May 9, 2010

I'm Back!

So after a long hiatus (had no clue how to spell that word until I looked it up), I'm back. I've been wanting to sit down for a while not, but haven't really had a chance to sit down and gether any kind of organized thought.

Before I start, two new albums that have just came out that I'm pretty high on. First, a newer band called Deluge. I dont know a lot about the, but thy put together a nasty worship album. Second, Mercyme just came out with their newest album, "The Generous Mr. Lovewell." they have one or two worship songs on there that are pretty good, as well.

Things are seeming to move quickly. A conversation with Mom today had me thinking about the pace of my life right now. I'm finishing up some finals here at school, then I have a few days left to pack up everything, headhome for a weekend, then basically start working. Things are moving a thousand miles an hour. Sometimes, I just want to throw my hands up and say, "Can we just slow everything down here, God, and let me enjoy the moment???"

I read a verse a few weeks ago that has stuck with me these last few weeks. Maybe for some of you about to make a big change, this may speak to you (out of the 4 people who read this, someone is bound to relate, right?).

In Genesis 46, Jacob is about to move his family from his home to Egypt because of the famine that has struck the land. Jacob is picking up from where he has laid his roots; moving his family fromthe place they have lived their whole lives.

sound familiar?

God came to Jacob in a dream and told him not to worry. Just to chill and relax. Enjoy the moment because He had gone before Jacob. He prepared the way for Jacob and his family. He also promised that he would be there every step of the way, and also bring him back.

Maybe the best part of the story is that which is untold. Even if God hadn't revealed that He was protecting and guiding Jacob and his family, He still would have been there. He's a pretty dependable guy, God is.

As a lot of us are getting ready for a change of scenery, we can be sure that God is going before us, preparing the way.

Take that to the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment